en

Seattle has | Forum

• Save this on Delicious
  • Buffer
Topic location: Forum home » Ogólne » Ogólne pytania
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Sep 17 '18
Raised in upstate New York De'Vondre Campbell Jersey , Chad Brown didn't root for the Bills, the Giants or the Jets when it came to football. The 39-year-old from Mechanicville was a San Francisco 49ers fan. It was simple. He liked future Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, although football didn't turn out to be Brown's sport. Brown has become one of thoroughbred racing's top trainers, and his favorite football team now is the New England Patriots. It has nothing to do with Tom Brady. It's all about Gronkowski, both of them. He likes tight end Rob and the 3-year-old colt named after him who will be a fan favorite Saturday in the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes. Whether Gronkowski can challenge Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Justify and prevent him from becoming the sport's 13th Triple Crown winner remains to be seen. The name of the horse adds interest to the final jewel of the Triple Crown, of course. "It works for him," Brown said of the name. "He is going to pick up a few extra fans and that feels good. I am happy people are rooting for him because of his name." The Kentucky-bred colt has never raced in North America. He has had six starts in England, winning four races and finishing second once. An illness forced him to skip the Kentucky Derby. Phoenix Thoroughbred Limited, the owners of Gronkowski Patrick Kerney Jersey , decided after the Derby to move the colt out of the barn of Jeremy Noseda in mid-May. Brown has spent the last three-plus weeks getting the colt ready to run again. While Gronkowski arrived in good condition and has trained extremely well, Brown would have preferred a little more training time. "If the horse has enough foundation behind him, he is the kind of a horse that can run a mile and a half on the dirt," Brown said Thursday after Gronkowski galloped. "Is he ready for Saturday? We'll see." Brown said the owners of Gronkowski gave him the option of skipping the Belmont if he felt the colt was not ready. He elected to run. Brown has an idea what will happen in the race. Gronkowski will run a little behind the leaders and grind out the first 1录 miles. It's the last quarter that's a concern for a colt that has never run longer than a mile in a race. "This was a very unique situation," Brown said. "This was a horse that was on the Derby trail and then off, and now here on short notice. It really takes a special horse to be able to catch up to speed and be able to run in a race like Saturday. Based on what I have seen so far, I do feel like he is up to it." Rob Gronkowski, who is a part owner of the colt, is expected to attend. He's also excited. "It's pretty wild Michael Strahan Jersey ," Gronkowski said Tuesday after a Patriots practice. "I heard about the horse like a year ago and I saw it, and I was like 'that's cool,' you know? Then all of a sudden it's like the horse is in the Kentucky Derby a year later. So it's pretty wild. It's a pretty cool scenario. Pretty cool situation. It just shows, name the horse my name and it's going to make it, baby." Besides Gronkowski the horse, Brown also had another runner in his barn partially owned by three former or current Patriots. He has gotten the chance to sit down with Patriots coach Bill Belichick to discuss how their jobs are similar and how they manage elite athletes and people on their staffs. "I have asked him for advice, particularly on leadership, winning, and how to get the most out of people Kenny Clark Jersey ," said Brown, who has 165 employees and 230 horses in his barn. "I find him to be and (have) great admiration for him now that I have had a couple of chances to really sit down with coach and pick his brain. I find him to be really brilliant, a deep thinker and very reserved and calculated about what he says or does. He has enormous experience how to get the most out of people." For Brown, this is a week in which he will discover just how much he got out of Gronkowski. At worst, it will be a learning experience. At best, Gronk scores big and upsets Justify's Triple Crown hopes. Veteran wide receiver Brandon Marshall has indicated on social media he’s joining the Seattle Seahawks. Marshall posted a series of pictures on Instagram on Tuesday decked out in a green Seahawks jersey, one captioned ”Let’s go,” and another with Marshall saying he’s always wanted to play before Seattle’s fans. A person with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press that Marshall’s contract is expected to be finalized in the coming days. The person spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity because the contract had not been officially signed. Marshall visited Seattle earlier in the offseason after he was released by the New York Giants and worked out for the team, but no deal was struck at that time. His representatives did not return messages seeking comment. The Seahawks typically do not announce deals until they are signed. Marshall is coming off a disappointing 2017 season with the Giants when he played in five games Jeremy Hill Jersey , had 18 receptions, and saw his season limited by an ankle injury. He was released by the Giants in mid-April and was due to make $5 million this season with New York. He is three years removed from being a second-team All-Pro in 2015, when he caught 109 passes and 14 touchdowns with the New York Jets. But at age 34, Seattle will be his fifth team since the 2011 season. He’s clearly joining the Seahawks in a complementary role, especially with Seattle’s insistence this offseason it’s going to be more dedicated to the run game. In 2016, Marshall appeared in 15 games and had 59 receptions for the Jets. Seattle has made a priority this offseason of focusing on adding bigger receivers to its depth. The Seahawks are set with Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett, but at 6-foot-4 Marshall is a big target that could prove beneficial in the red zone. Seattle also signed 6-foot-3 Jaron Brown. — Womens Troy Apke Jersey
  • Save this on Delicious
  • Buffer

News

Coarse words and new thinking

As is often pointed out, coarse or profane language usually represents an outburst of emotion, not careful reason. The president of the United States recently used coarse language while discussing im

Spy suspect s arrest: What motivates turncoats?

Recommended: How much do you know about China? As for geopolitics, the US is now aware that China has developed a full spectrum intelligence capability. “I don’t think this should be seen as someth

The U.S. Has Cut Half of Its Aid to Palestinian Refugees Pending U.N. Reform

The U.S. is the largest donor to the agency that supports millions of Palestinian refugees

Science Says: That Michigan meteor could have been meatier

Science Says: That Michigan meteor could have been meatier

Despite tragic blaze, New York s fire fatalities are sharply down

Just one year ago, New York City officials were celebrating the lowest number of fire fatalities the city had ever seen in over 100 years. It was the largest number of fatalities in a single fire in

States make headway on opioid abuse

In Massachusetts and Rhode Island partial year estimates for 2017 show drops of 10 percent and 9 percent respectively in overdose deaths. Massachusetts was the first of what are now many states that

Watch today’s SpaceX launch live right here at 12:30 PM

SpaceX might have some seriously grand plans for the near future of its rocket program, but until the world s most powerful rocket is ready to head skyward, it s business as usual at the commercial

Palatine boy scouts send science experiment into space via SpaceX rocket

A SpaceX rocket that launched Monday toward the International Space Station is carrying an experiment from a boy scouts troop in Palatine.

Adsense

Oxwall: 1.8.4 (10800) Page: 2.679s | 2.00 MBMB Request: FORUM_CTRL_Topic::index Components: 19 Events: 200 Database: 85qrs | 2.610s CLEAR CACHE