en

e as good as new, an | Forum

• Save this on Delicious
  • Buffer
Topic location: Forum home » Ogólne » Test forum
panxing18
panxing18 Sep 21 '18
Days before opening training camp Russ Grimm Jersey , the Cleveland Browns learned Josh Gordon will be missing again. For how long remains unclear. The troubled wide receiver, who has been suspended numerous times over the past six years by the NFL for drug violations, said on Twitter that he won’t be with the team for the start of camp as he continues to recover from addictions that have derailed his once-promising career. Gordon has missed two full years after being indefinitely suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell and hasn’t played a complete season since 2013, when he led the league in yards receiving and scored nine touchdowns. While Gordon’s social media post was vague, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the 27-year-old has not been suspended. ”We will address the matter at the appropriate time,” McCarthy said in an email to The Associated Press, adding ”there’s no timetable” on Gordon’s return. Gordon’s disclosure came as the Browns are preparing to begin camp under coach Hue Jackson following a 0-16 season. The team overhauled its roster during the offseason, adding former Buffalo quarterback Tyrod Taylor, Pro Bowl receiver Jarvis Landry and a few other potential starters in trades before drafting Heisman Trophy-winning QB Baker Mayfield with the first overall pick. Gordon had been a major part of Cleveland’s plans for 2018, but those could now be on hold. In recent weeks, rumors that Gordon failed a drug test circulated on social media. But it wasn’t until he posted his message Monday that it became known he could be sidelined again. ”I am reaching out to you all personally and letting you know that I am not only doing great physically but mentally as well,” Gordon wrote in a statement directed to ”my Cleveland Browns and NFL Family.” ”You will notice that I will not be in Cleveland for the start of training camp. Rest assured, this, too Dave Robinson Jersey , is a part of my overall health and treatment plan. I appreciate the awesome support I have received from teammates, friends, fans, and the Browns organization. Just like you, I am excited to start the season and I have every intention of being ready and available to join my teammates soon to help bring winning football to our fans.” Gordon later followed up with a tweet that said, ”Thanks again.. See ya soon.” Because he is in Stage 3 of the NFL’s substance-abuse program, Gordon is subject to random drug testing. He faces another indefinite suspension for any violation. Gordon has missed 43 of Cleveland’s past 48 games because of suspensions. Last year, he was reinstated by Goodell following a three-month stay in a rehab facility. He returned for the Browns’ final five games and caught 18 passes for 335 yards and a touchdown. Before he returned, Gordon revealed the depths of his substance abuse, saying he had never played in an NFL game sober. Gordon participated in Cleveland’s offseason programs, and the team has been encouraged by his commitment to staying clean and active. Browns general manager John Dorsey said the team has Gordon’s back. ”We will continue to support Josh as he receives the care needed to maintain his progress,” Dorsey said. ”We are going to respect his privacy while he is away from the team. Josh will be placed on the non-football illness reserve list until he is ready to return.” Cleveland will have its first practice Thursday. Gordon’s announcement is another blow to an organization trying to rebuild following numerous losing seasons. The Browns haven’t been to the playoffs since 2002 and have lost at least 10 games in 15 seasons since 1999. During minicamp last month, Gordon claimed to be in the best shape of his life and boasted that with he and Landry, the Browns had the league’s best receiving corps. Gordon also said he felt fortunate to be getting another chance. ”Right now for me it’s a bunch of the small victories day to day Ryan Kerrigan Jersey , just being able to come to work,” he said on June 12. ”Like the little, little things. Having some structure in my life.” Gordon has played in just 40 career games since the Browns selected him in the 2012 supplemental draft. — Malik Hooker looks around the Indianapolis Colts' newly renovated locker room and reflects on his long journey back to football. He smiles, he laughs nervously and, naturally, he's a little anxious to test his surgically repaired right knee. The Colts' starting safety has never faced such a severe injury or such a complex recovery, and the next step is seeing how it holds up in game conditions. "I'll definitely be out there Saturday," Hooker said. "Of course everybody has questions about 'what if I'm not the player I need to be when I get back' and stuff like that. But that's where you've just got to be mentally tough and say that's part of the plan to get back out there. I have no doubts." Neither do the Colts. They've waited patiently and proceeded cautiously as their 2017 first-round pick works his way back, fully anticipating him to continue being the playmaker he flashed in the first seven weeks last season. General manager Chris Ballard considered Hooker, at 6-foot-1, 212 pounds, a perfect fit in his young secondary. He started all 13 games of his senior season at Ohio State; picked off seven passes; led the Football Bowl Subdivision by returning three for scores; helped the Buckeyes reach the College Football Playoff; and was selected a first-team All-American in 2016. And though he couldn't work out at the NFL's annual scouting combine because of hip and sports hernia surgeries, many regarded him as the top safety in the draft. Ballard had Hooker rated as the best athlete in the draft and when he slid to No. 15, Ballard wasted no time in making his selection. "He's got a unique skill set. He's got size. He's got speed. He's got great instincts and ball skills Charles Haley Jersey ," Ballard said of Hooker on draft night. "Guys that can take away the football are hard to find, and we think he can do that at this level." Hooker certainly lived up to the billing early last season. He moved into the starting lineup in Week 2, picked off passes in each of his first three starts and appeared headed toward a huge rookie season 鈥?until a blindside block forced his knee to buckle as he was chasing Jacksonville receiver Allen Hurns down the sideline Oct. 22. Later that night, Hooker was diagnosed with torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments, ending a promising rookie season. He spent the next seven months rehabbing, returned for on-the-field individual work in May, and opened training camp on the physically unable to perform list. Now, three weeks after being activated, Hooker has been cleared for game duty and is expected to start against San Francisco. "It's been a long time coming," he said. "For me to finally get out there and get cleared to be able to go out there and play on Saturday, it's a great feeling." Indy's coaches are excited for another reason: Saturday marks the first time they'll see their two projected starting safeties in a game. Hooker's injury, coupled with Clayton Geathers' inability to return from neck surgery until late last season, meant the projected pairing never had a chance to work together. But as both recovered from knee surgeries during the offseason, they worked together Bryce Callahan Jersey , challenged one another and raced to come back. Geathers got there first, making his preseason debut in Monday night's loss to Baltimore. Now, Hookier finally is about to join him. "They have what we talked about, the instincts and the strike and the speed and all those things, and the quickness," new defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus said. "And those guys, as they get playing with the system and with other guys in the unit, we should see them blossom. We should see them really take off and see them make really impactful plays that will change the game for our team." Hooker believes he will be as good as new, and working in unison with Geathers will make the Colts a better defense. All he wants to do now is prove he's back. "I feel like this organization knows what I bring to the table and I know what their standard is for me to bring to the table," Hooker said. "So I'm just going to go out there and continue to do whatever I can to help this team win." NOTES: The Colts signed free agent defensive tackle Brandon Banks and placed receiver Matt Hazel on the waived-injured list. If Hazel clears waivers, he will go on injured reserve. Womens Ronald Jones II Jersey
  • Save this on Delicious
  • Buffer

News

Coarse words and new thinking

As is often pointed out, coarse or profane language usually represents an outburst of emotion, not careful reason. The president of the United States recently used coarse language while discussing im

Spy suspect s arrest: What motivates turncoats?

Recommended: How much do you know about China? As for geopolitics, the US is now aware that China has developed a full spectrum intelligence capability. “I don’t think this should be seen as someth

The U.S. Has Cut Half of Its Aid to Palestinian Refugees Pending U.N. Reform

The U.S. is the largest donor to the agency that supports millions of Palestinian refugees

Science Says: That Michigan meteor could have been meatier

Science Says: That Michigan meteor could have been meatier

Despite tragic blaze, New York s fire fatalities are sharply down

Just one year ago, New York City officials were celebrating the lowest number of fire fatalities the city had ever seen in over 100 years. It was the largest number of fatalities in a single fire in

States make headway on opioid abuse

In Massachusetts and Rhode Island partial year estimates for 2017 show drops of 10 percent and 9 percent respectively in overdose deaths. Massachusetts was the first of what are now many states that

Watch today’s SpaceX launch live right here at 12:30 PM

SpaceX might have some seriously grand plans for the near future of its rocket program, but until the world s most powerful rocket is ready to head skyward, it s business as usual at the commercial

Palatine boy scouts send science experiment into space via SpaceX rocket

A SpaceX rocket that launched Monday toward the International Space Station is carrying an experiment from a boy scouts troop in Palatine.

Adsense

Oxwall: 1.8.4 (10800) Page: 0.930s | 2.00 MBMB Request: FORUM_CTRL_Topic::index Components: 19 Events: 200 Database: 85qrs | 0.859s CLEAR CACHE