en

Russell Bodine Jersey | Forum

• Save this on Delicious
  • Buffer
Topic location: Forum home » Ogólne » Ogólne pytania
linchao
linchao Oct 9 '18
EAST RUTHERFORD Corey Linsley Jersey , N.J. (AP) New York Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins has been trying to keep his focus on football since the body of a 25-year-old friend was found in his New Jersey home last month. Jenkins’ brother, William H. Jenkins, was charged with aggravated manslaughter days after the body of Roosevelt Rene was found in the football player’s Fair Lawn home on June 26. Addressing the media on Sunday for the first time about the death, Jenkins said he has not spoken to his brother since he was arrested by New York State Police late last month. He reiterated that he was not in the house when Rene died. ”My main focus has always been football,” Jenkins said. ”Things that happened, I can’t control, because I wasn’t there. Just coming back, being with my team, just being excited to be there. … I haven’t talked to (his brother), but I will, see where his head was at, and as far as that, I’ll leave it at that. It’s shocking. But, you know, I’ve still got to come and play football.” Janoris Jenkins Joshua Garnett Jersey , who is entering his third season with the Giants after signing a five-year, $62.5 million contract as a free agent, refused to say much else about the incident. ”It is difficult but at the end of the day you have to be a pro,” Janoris said. ”Things are going to happen in life. Some things you can’t control and this is one of those situations.” Jenkins has been focused since the Giants starting practicing four days ago. He had an interception on the first day. ”It doesn’t make me feel like I am ready,” Jenkins said. ”It makes me feel like I am taking steps to being ready. Like, I said continuing to work, getting better and being there for my team.” Like the Giants (3-13), Jenkins struggled last season. He was suspended for a game for violating team rules in late October and eventually had his season end in late November by an ankle injury that required surgery. Jenkins said he spent the offseason strengthening his ankle and he is excited about the 3-4 defense that new coordinator James Bettcher has installed. ”It’s aggressive, lets players play a little and not be robots,” Jenkins said, adding he also has been impressed with the new business-like attitude that fellow cornerback Eli Apple has displayed so far. Jenkins also is enjoying the opportunity to play against star receiver Odell Beckham Jr. in practice every day. ”It just feels good because you know you can compete in practice against a top receiver,” said Jenkins, who has 16 interceptions in six seasons. ”Me and him going at it every day; he is going to win, I am going to win. He might win the whole day, I might win. But it is only getting us better.” — The good news for Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals is they still lead their Eastern Conference final against the Tampa Bay Lightning. The bad news for the Capitals Russell Bodine Jersey , counterintuitive as it may be: They host Game 4. So far, Washington is 7-1 in away games this postseason, closing out each of its first two series on the road. Heading into Thursday night, the Capitals are only 3-4 in their arena. The latest setback was a 4-2 loss to the Lightning on Tuesday, after victories at Tampa Bay by a combined score of 10-4 in the final’s opening two games. Ovechkin simply shrugged when asked about that discrepancy. ”We don’t think about it,” the three-time NHL MVP said. ”We just play our game.” Others were less dismissive. ”We can take a few things that we’ve done on the road and put it into our home game,” goalie Braden Holtby said. ”Just a little simpler. Simpler play. Just a kind of, like, more gritty style.” Asked what his club could do to fare better at home, Capitals coach Barry Trotz said: ”Just play the way we do on the road. We’re invested there. We’re playing with real good focus. I didn’t think we were as focused as we have been normally on the road. So just pretend you’re on the road. All the buildings are pretty well the same these days.” Trotz notices a difference in his players’ attitude on home ice, saying: ”It’s `us against the world’ when were on the road.” There is a league-wide trend here: Road teams are 38-34 in these playoffs. So much for any supposed home-ice advantage, right? ”For whatever reason, at this time of the year there are more distractions than in the regular season, for sure. A lot of people have friends and family coming down and ticket requests. Sometimes there’s that little added pressure of playing at home and wanting to obviously do good things in front of your fans,” Lightning forward Steven Stamkos said. ”There’s something to be said Authentic Oscar Lindberg Jersey , too, (for) winning games on the road, when you can just kind of hear a pin drop in the crowd, sometimes, which is always a good thing.” Holtby agreed. ”It’s easier to play on the road. It’s always that way on the road. Any team would say that,” he said. ”Because you’re not focused on the excitement of your fans and all that. They bring you energy in good ways, but at the same time, you need to stay realistic and play your game.” During the regular season, Washington was a strong home team, playing in front of loud, red-wearing sellout crowds in every game. Only five teams in the 31-club NHL had more victories at home than Washington’s 28 – and that total represents seven more wins than the Capitals managed on the road. So what is going on in the playoffs? ”I don’t really have an explanation for it, to be honest with you,” defenseman Brooks Orpik said. ”I know when we go on the road, I think maybe we feel a bit more relaxed, and when we do make mistakes Tarell Basham Jersey , maybe we don’t let the groaning affect us or whatnot. I mean, that being said, I think we should be probably mentally stronger to not let that affect us. Just got to try to find a way to win the next one at home, for sure.” NOTES: Injured Capitals C Nicklas Backstrom, who has missed the last four games with an injured right hand, took part in the team’s optional skate Wednesday. But Trotz wouldn’t give any hint as to when Backstrom might return. ”When Nicky’s ready to go, he’s ready to go,” Trotz said. ”You miss him in every way shape or form.” … Washington re-signed D Aaron Ness to a one-year, two-way contract worth $650,000 if he’s in the NHL, $425,000 in the minors. Ness had one assist in eight games for the Capitals this season. — AP Hockey Writer Stephen Whyno contributed to this report. — Cheap Atlanta Falcons Jerseys
  • Save this on Delicious
  • Buffer

News

Coarse words and new thinking

As is often pointed out, coarse or profane language usually represents an outburst of emotion, not careful reason. The president of the United States recently used coarse language while discussing im

Spy suspect s arrest: What motivates turncoats?

Recommended: How much do you know about China? As for geopolitics, the US is now aware that China has developed a full spectrum intelligence capability. “I don’t think this should be seen as someth

The U.S. Has Cut Half of Its Aid to Palestinian Refugees Pending U.N. Reform

The U.S. is the largest donor to the agency that supports millions of Palestinian refugees

Science Says: That Michigan meteor could have been meatier

Science Says: That Michigan meteor could have been meatier

Despite tragic blaze, New York s fire fatalities are sharply down

Just one year ago, New York City officials were celebrating the lowest number of fire fatalities the city had ever seen in over 100 years. It was the largest number of fatalities in a single fire in

States make headway on opioid abuse

In Massachusetts and Rhode Island partial year estimates for 2017 show drops of 10 percent and 9 percent respectively in overdose deaths. Massachusetts was the first of what are now many states that

Watch today’s SpaceX launch live right here at 12:30 PM

SpaceX might have some seriously grand plans for the near future of its rocket program, but until the world s most powerful rocket is ready to head skyward, it s business as usual at the commercial

Palatine boy scouts send science experiment into space via SpaceX rocket

A SpaceX rocket that launched Monday toward the International Space Station is carrying an experiment from a boy scouts troop in Palatine.

Adsense

Oxwall: 1.8.4 (10800) Page: 1.002s | 2.00 MBMB Request: FORUM_CTRL_Topic::index Components: 19 Events: 200 Database: 85qrs | 0.923s CLEAR CACHE