en

Chad Kuhl Jersey | Forum

• Save this on Delicious
  • Buffer
Topic location: Forum home » Ogólne » Ogólne pytania
linchao
linchao Mar 15 '19
Thearon W. Henderson/Getty ImagesThursday's 21-3 blowout loss to the Oakland Athletics may not have been one to remember for the Los Angeles Angels as a team Chad Kuhl Jersey , but it certainly was for Angels catcherFrancisco Arcia from an individual standpoint.According to MLB.com's Maria Guardado, Arcia became the first player in MLB history to catch, pitch and hit a home run in the same game."It's a nice little note for Frankie, for sure," Los Angeles manager Mike Scioscia said, per Guardado. "OK guys, are we good on that note? I think we're good."The game started like any other for Arcia, penciled in to catch while hitting seventh. However, Scioscia would have to adjust his game plan as the matchup quickly got out of hand.After opening the scoring with a run in the top of the third, the Angels promptly allowed five in the bottom of the frame and another seven in the next inning. Just like that, a 1-0 lead turned into a 12-1 deficit鈥攁nd the rout was on.Los Angeles got a run back in the top of the sixth http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-ivan-nova-jersey , but once again, Oakland had an answer. The A's tacked on to their lead with six in the sixth. By the time the seventh arrived,Angels pitchers had served up 18 runs on the night. Even with the September roster expansion, Scioscia opted to put a position player on the mound to finish up the game.Enter Arcia.The 5'11", 195-pound right-hander promptly retired the first two batters he faced. Unfortunately for him, like many of his teammates before him on this night, he was unable to get out of the inning unscathed. He allowed a two-out single to Josh Phegley before serving up back-to-back home runs to Nick Martini (the first of his career) and Chad Pinder.With one more defensive inning still to play, Arcia went back out for the eighth. Even after allowing a single, he was able to have a 1-2-3 eighth of sorts thanks to an inning-ending double play.Arcia's day was not done, though. After Oakland pitcher Chris Hatcher set down the first two Angels hitters of the ninth inning, Arcia made history by sending a 3-2 offering from Hatcher over the wall in right-center. Technically http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-jameson-taillon-jersey , the dinger came while he was in the game as a pitcher.His final line was 1-for-4 with one home run and one RBI at the plate while allowing three runs on four hits in two innings of work (a 9.00 ERA). Although he fanned twice at the plate, he did not strike anyone out on the mound."I just try to stay positive and just play hard all game," Arcia said, per Guardado. "I feel good about it." NEW YORK (AP) — Through the first 14 innings of their homestand, the New York Yankees had five errors and four hits. A restless crowd was booing the team in pinstripes on a 96-degree night.Then all of a sudden, the Bronx Bombers snapped out of it in a big way.Pinch-hitter Neil Walker connected for a solo home run in the bottom of the ninth inning, and New York rallied from a four-run deficit to defeat the Chicago White Sox 5-4 on Tuesday.“It’s not easy for us right now,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “We’re kind of grinding through some things. It’s a tough stretch. But these guys continue to find a way.”Aaron Hicks hit a tying homer in the eighth and rookie Miguel Andujar also had a two-run shot to help the injury-depleted Yankees win for the ninth time in 11 games. With the second-best record in the majors (84-48), they remained 6½ games behind first-place Boston in the AL East.Walker batted for Ronald Torreyes with one out and launched the first pitch he saw from Dylan Covey (4-12) way over the right-center wall for his first career pinch-hit homer and second game-ending drive. As he neared home plate, Walker tossed his helmet high in the air and was swarmed by happy teammates.“As a pinch-hitter, you try to assume that the first pitch you see is going to be the best pitch you see. You try to be aggressive Brad Hand Jersey , just try to be on time,” explained Walker, who acknowledged the Yankees are tired. “That’s obviously as much as you can ask for tonight.”With the Yankees down by two, Giancarlo Stanton singled leading off the eighth to stop an 0-for-14 slide. Hicks drove a full-count pitch from Juan Minaya to right and shouted toward the Yankees’ dugout as he trotted to first.“Just a big relief,” Brett Gardner said. “A lot of excitement.”Dellin Betances (4-3) struck out two in a perfect ninth.New York was blanked on one hit by James Shields over the first five innings. Gardner began the comeback with a leadoff triple in the sixth , and Andujar connected for his 22nd homer two outs later.Shields left leading 4-2 with two on in the sixth. He remained 5-15 overall, tied with Baltimore right-hander Alex Cobb for the most losses in the majors.“Pretty good outing overall,” Shields said. “Unfortunately, my record is not really showing how I’ve pitched this year. Sometimes that happens. … Overall, I’m really pleased with my season.”Flashing signs of improvement, the young http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-chase-headley-jersey , rebuilding White Sox had won four straight and 10 of 13.“We’ve been playing really good baseball,” Shields said. “That’s a game we can’t let go right there. That’s a learning process for these guys, and situational pitching is very important in this game. We have to do a better job of that.”Chicago chased Yankees starter Lance Lynn with consecutive two-out singles in the sixth. Yolmer Sanchez greeted Jonathan Holder with an RBI single, and Nicky Delmonico made it 4-0 when he plopped a two-run single into left field.Delmonico scored easily from first base in the fifth when Gardner bobbled Avisail Garcia’s RBI double in left.WHAT’S IN A NAME?Fittingly, Walker’s home run was the 80th walk-off homer in the majors this season. That matched the record set in 2004, according to Major League Baseball. “He’s just a true pro,” Gardner said.MILESTONE MANThe 36-year-old Shields threw 98 pitches in the heat but hasn’t won on the road since opening day at Kansas City. It was his 400th career start. “I’m pretty proud of that,” he said. “Pretty special.”TRAINER’S ROOMWhite Sox: SS Tim Anderson tripped over an oncoming Delmonico on Greg Bird’s eighth-inning popup, but held onto the ball. Anderson exited with a bruised left ankle and is day to day. “I’m assuming he’ll be fine,” manager Rick Renteria said. Anderson was replaced in the ninth by Jose Rondon.Yankees: RF Aaron Judge said his broken right wrist remains sore to the touch and he still hasn’t started swinging a bat. “It’s getting better every couple of days,” he said. “They told me I can play before it completely heals.” The slugger was injured July 26. “It takes about six weeks for something like this to fully heal Tyson Ross Jersey ,” Judge said. “I’m not that close yet. I’ll wake up one of these days and feel good. I’m just waiting for that day.” … C Gary Sanchez (strained right groin) was the DH in his second rehab game with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. He has homered in both games. … SS Didi Gregorius (bruised left heel) took grounders hit right at him and could begin running Wednesday. It remains to be seen whether he’ll need a minor league rehab assignment before coming off the DL. … All-Star closer Aroldis Chapman (left knee tendinitis) was scheduled to receive a second platelet-rich plasma injection Tuesday, according to Boone.UP NEXTWhite Sox: RHP Reynaldo Lopez (4-9, 4.66 ERA) makes his first start at Yankee Stadium in the series finale Wednesday night. Lopez is 0-4 with a 6.70 ERA in his last nine outings, getting a no-decision in each of the past five. But he pitched well Aug. 7 against New York, permitting one run in seven innings.Yankees: CC Sabathia (7-4, 3.30) seeks his 245th career win. The 38-year-old lefty returned from the disabled list last Friday in Baltimore and allowed two earned runs with eight strikeouts over six innings. He racked up 12 strikeouts over 5 2/3 innings in a strong outing Aug. 7 against the White Sox.
  • Save this on Delicious
  • Buffer

News

Coarse words and new thinking

As is often pointed out, coarse or profane language usually represents an outburst of emotion, not careful reason. The president of the United States recently used coarse language while discussing im

Spy suspect s arrest: What motivates turncoats?

Recommended: How much do you know about China? As for geopolitics, the US is now aware that China has developed a full spectrum intelligence capability. “I don’t think this should be seen as someth

The U.S. Has Cut Half of Its Aid to Palestinian Refugees Pending U.N. Reform

The U.S. is the largest donor to the agency that supports millions of Palestinian refugees

Science Says: That Michigan meteor could have been meatier

Science Says: That Michigan meteor could have been meatier

Despite tragic blaze, New York s fire fatalities are sharply down

Just one year ago, New York City officials were celebrating the lowest number of fire fatalities the city had ever seen in over 100 years. It was the largest number of fatalities in a single fire in

States make headway on opioid abuse

In Massachusetts and Rhode Island partial year estimates for 2017 show drops of 10 percent and 9 percent respectively in overdose deaths. Massachusetts was the first of what are now many states that

Watch today’s SpaceX launch live right here at 12:30 PM

SpaceX might have some seriously grand plans for the near future of its rocket program, but until the world s most powerful rocket is ready to head skyward, it s business as usual at the commercial

Palatine boy scouts send science experiment into space via SpaceX rocket

A SpaceX rocket that launched Monday toward the International Space Station is carrying an experiment from a boy scouts troop in Palatine.

Adsense

Oxwall: 1.8.4 (10800) Page: 0.928s | 2.00 MBMB Request: FORUM_CTRL_Topic::index Components: 19 Events: 200 Database: 85qrs | 0.856s CLEAR CACHE